Friday, June 24, 2011

Hello, darlings~!
So, the second contestant of Dreaming Youth Project is Venus Angelic. She is a pretty new to me and I'm sure there are many people who doesn't know who she is yet. She's a 14-year-old girl living in Tenerife, Spain. Her dream is to become an idol in Japan.

The following video is one of her latest video and she is wearing a Pinkly Ever After dress and accessories here~^ _^)/ Isn't she so cute??



There is a certain fascination about Japanese idol scene for both non-Japanese as well as Japanese themselves. "Idol" in Asia has different norms than it does in Western culture. I learned the Asian way of idol culture since I was too young so it was hard for me to look at it otherwise, but my Canadian friends kept telling me how they don't write their songs and they don't really sing live and etc. Basically, how non-musician Asian idols are. However, I think Asian idols are more like entertainers than musicians and they focus on performances more than anything which they do a great job of. They entertain and make people smile.
In that regards, I think Venus is aiming to become an idol who will make the viewers smile and just enjoy the time. When I first watched her video, I think I laughed and laughed. She was so cute and so funny^ _^)!! It was very different and original. I slowly got into her style and now I really love it. I'm sure you will fall in love with her just like I did.
I know dreaming to go into an entertainment business in another country may sound so far away from reality but I think with her charm and determination, she will find her way someday. She only just started and I really want to send her all my support in grabbing her goal~!! Let's all send her warm support until the day she shows up on TV and make all of us smile~ ^ _^)/

Lots of Love,
Robin JooBin

No comments:

Post a Comment